Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Mitosis vs. Meiosis

The website with the flash thingie was cool. It was interesting to be able to see the comparison side by side for the different kinds of cell division. I also thought it was interesting that it described how meiosis in female sex cells result in one large cell and a small one that just disintegrates. That's weird and I wish they would have shown that in the animation. It said that the majority of the cell plasma goes into the large cell and the small one just fades away. That's very interesting.




2 comments:

Jenn Lee said...

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh....mesmirizing photos Sarah-thaks!Reminds me of my jelly fish experience at Monteray Bay Aquarium.....

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures. But... I'm a little confused as to where the answers can be found for "Meiosis vs. Mitosis." If you need help on that, visit this site. i tlays it out clearly. Plus... you can add your great photos!

http://www.comparati.com/132-Meiosis-vs-Mitosis