Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Biochemistry



So, I chose the link that said "Biochemistry is an established science and it seems strait forward to write a textbook that covers the essence of the field." I chose that one because I couldn't imagine that the description, or even a whole book, could accurately describe what biochemistry is. What does it entail? A whole helluva lot, that's for sure. Especially because there are new discoveries all the time, and new discoveries that tell us that old discoveries are wrong.

The website was a review of a book, which pretty much said that. It did say, however that the book being reviewed did a good job of being current, accurate and well rounded. Me? I just figure that everything I learn is like the tip of an iceberg. There's always more waiting silently beneath the surface.

No comments: