Friday, June 15, 2007

TOYS


It's so funny to me that while I am reading about these toys and concepts, I find that the more they explain, the less I feel I know. Like the floating ball. When I started to read the page, I totally got it. Then they compared it to sailing or flying. That, too, made so much sense. I've always thought of air and wind as a physical mass. I can feel it as I move, I see it lift and change direction and carry with it dust and debris. I can see it fill a sail and feel it push against me when I'm riding my bike. All these things I know. Of course, when they started explaining lift and drag, angles and measurements . . . . I started to feel like I was losing my grasp. Of course, taking a moment to consider it all, I completely understood what was being explained. Maybe it was the language that made me feel like the information was beyond me, or maybe I found it overwhelming. Who knows. I did leave the page understanding why a ball will twist into the air stream continuously and balance. That was good.

No comments: